Other Independent Structures2023-04-08 16:29
Other Independent Structures
POLIS University has well defined “Independent Structures” which guarantee the operation and
good governance of the institution.
The Council of Ethics at POLIS University is a collegiate advisory body that discusses the ethical issues of the university life. The council offers proposals to the Rector concerning these issues. The Council of Ethics consists of 5 (five) members, who are selected by the Academic Senate. The Chairman is proposed by the Rectorate.
- Dr. Godiva Rembeci (Chairman)
- Dr. Sotir Dhamo (Member)
- Dr. Llazar Kumaraku (Member)
- Dr. Sonia Jojic (Member)
- Dr. Merita Toska (Member)
This body aims to:
- Review and propose the Rector the fundamental ethical principles, regarding the protection and assurance of basic human rights in terms of the university’s activity;
- Examine and offer its opinion on the treatment of specific cases or problems that may arise in the university’s activities;
- Suggest the development of ethical and cultural activities in order to maintain and develop ethical and human values.
Council of Ethics has advisory, investigative and control functions for the implementation and observance of the provisions of the Regulations for Determination of the Ethics Code. Favours, where possible, the amicable resolution of any disputes.
“Internal Quality Assurance Unit” is a unit that follows all procedures for
quality assurance in the educational and research process at U_POLIS. This includes the “360 assessment
rank” of the staff and the organization, the evaluation of the students, the evaluation of themselves by the staff, as well as
evaluation by the leaders of the institution and units. Based on the findings, the Quality Unit and
the leaders of the institution take the appropriate measures for improvement and/or promotion when it is
This Unit has the task of evaluating all quality elements according to the standards of
The European Quality Agency (ENQA) and the Albanian ASCAL, evaluating periodically
the teaching process as well as the efficiency of research and administrative activities.
This structure consists of the Constitutional Assembly and the Executive Board. It exercises its activity in close coordination with the governing bodies of POLIS University and focuses on the professional performance of individuals who have completed their studies at U_POLIS.
All members of the association have the right:
- To be potential beneficiaries of any of the assistance schemes or programs administered by the Association and/or U_POLIS.
- To benefit from scholarships or employment opportunities from the network of partners of POLIS, AUA and ALUMNI.
- To exhibit their work at MAD centers, TAW/TDW Biennales, Earth Days, etc., as well as other POLIS University assets and events.
- To participate in the social-cultural life and activities of U_POLIS, Metro_POLIS, Co_PLAN, AUA, etc.
- To engage in various projects of U_POLIS, AUA, Co-PLAN, Metro_POLIS, according to needs and subjecting you to competitive selection.
- To be informed about the activities of the ALUMNI Association and AUA and also to participate in all social functions of the Association.
- Publications and magazines of POLIS University benefit at a subsidized price.
In this way, all members of the association have the obligation: to pay the membership fee defined in the membership regulation, as well as to enable the ALUMNI association to run smoothly.