Research Agenda2023-04-06 16:04
The Research Agenda of U_POLIS includes:
- The International PhD Program of Architecture and Urban Planning
- In the field of Architecture and Construction:
- Design theories and methods, and sustainable construction;
- Inclusive design and for all, access to spaces, products and services, sustainable design;
- Innovative technologies and materials for design/construction of structural and industrial objects;
- Materials and techniques for conservation of historical heritage, building maintenance, and life cycle assessment.
- Cultural heritage, innovation and ICT processes for the use and conservation of cultural heritage;
- “Skin” of construction/architecture in the digital age, innovative strategies and solutions for multi-functional facades in digital construction.
- In the field of Urban and Sustainable Planning:
- The city of today and tomorrow, between environmental improvement and rehabilitation of the existing urban texture: the requirements for functional conversion and the new needs of society for quality housing and urban livability;
- The role of historical and cultural heritage for the built environment and landscape in post-industrial urban developments, with special reference to policies for sustainable development;
- Territory, landscape and built environment regeneration, infrastructural interventions, new energy sources, and climate change;
- City/territory governance and appropriate development policies through land management and economic and financial instruments, etc.
- Priority research on Resilience and the Post-conflict / Post-pandemic City.
- U_POLIS encourages research inside and outside it, especially through the activity of large research units such as FKZH / IF.
- Based on the local problems of Albania (earthquakes, landslides, floods, fires, pollution and environmental crises, etc.);
- Based on global issues (climate changes, pandemic, security, terrorism, social-economic-financial crises, war, etc.);
- The role of technology and digitization and virtual space in crisis situations and beyond.
- Applied Research and Innovation
- This means investment in specific research actions, including innovative, applied ones, services/consultancy and projects with social responsibility, in the fields:
- Architecture and Parametric Design (FabLab/MetroPolis);
- Water, Air and Soil Quality (LAMP-Lab/Co-Plan);
- Energy Efficiency (Energy-Lab/Co-Plan);
- Housing and affordability (OMB/UNECE);
- Materials and technology in design, construction, environment, ICT, etc. (FKZH/IF);
- Good governance of the territory, natural and human resources, Decentralization and Regionalization, etc. (Co-PLAN);
- Leadership, Effectiveness, Creative Entrepreneurship and Innovation (PBS/TiranaInc.).