Executive Master in Restoration, Conservation and Valorisation2023-04-25 11:58
Executive Master in Restoration, Conservation and Valorisation
Executive Master in Restoration, Conservation and Valorization of Cultural Heritage (1 Year, Full Time, 60 Credits/ECTS)
Cultural and professional profile
The Executive Master Studies Program in Restoration, Conservation and Valorization of Cultural Heritage is organized by POLIS University in collaboration with the University of Ferrara with the support of the Regional Directories of Cultural Heritage (Gjirokastër, Berat, Korçë), and NGOs such as CHwB, AHF, and the IMK* Institute.
The program aims to equip students with in-depth theoretical knowledge and practical skills to guarantee a successful career in the field of restoration, conservation and evaluation of cultural heritage in urban centers and in areas with a strong natural character. In particular, students will be able to critically analyze the existing state of cultural and landscape heritage as well as propose further interventions in accordance with all contemporary developments in this field.
Results of the study program
At the end of the Executive Master’s Program in Restoration, Conservation and Valorization of Cultural Heritage, the student will be able to:
Understand, analyze and evaluate the current state of heritage and emergency issues;
- To design a suitable study methodology and cooperation with specialists in different specific fields;
- To have leadership, management skills and responsibility in the professional environment at every stage of an intervention;
- To acquire a critical way of thinking in making managerial decisions, and to have effective communication skills;
- To have complete knowledge in the theoretical and practical aspects of the field of restoration and cultural and natural heritage;
- To be able to use traditional and innovative surveying equipment and different restoration techniques;
- To have artistic sensitivity and engineering knowledge;
- To evaluate and interpret the story depending on the needs of the contemporary market.
- To have scientific research skills.
Formative activities, Credits
The study program of the second cycle “Executive Master” in Restoration, Conservation and Valorization of Cultural Heritage contains 12 subjects / modules, which include the diploma thesis. Students fulfill the requirements for the title “Executive Master” in Restoration, Conservation and Valorization of Cultural Heritage if they complete 60 credits according to the ECTS system. The study program contains formative activities grouped in the following disciplines:
- Activity in disciplines of general education (basic), 4 credits
- Activity in the disciplines of the characteristic formation of the study program 35 credits
- Activity in training disciplines with the student’s choice between those offered by the institution 9 credits
- Preparation of diploma thesis 12 credits