U_ POLIS has established the “Independent Structures” which ensure the well-functioning and efficient governance of the institution.
COUNCIL OF PROFESSORS
Another strategically important structure for U_ POLIS is the Council of Professors which includes the Chairman and the Members.
The duties and responsibilities of the Council of Professors are:
- Approval of the candidates who have applied for their doctorate.
- Approval files of the candidates’ who have applied for academic titles and monitoring for further proceedings according to the sub-legal acts in power.
BOARD OF ETHICS
Another important structure at U_POLIS is the “Board of Ethics” which treats problems of ethical-moral nature between the student community – academic staff – research staff. The board consists of University’s Administrator, representatives of the university’s academic staff and the chairman who is appointed by the Rector.
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE UNIT
Internal Quality Assurance Unit is a unit which follows all procedures for the assurance of quality in the academic and research processes at U_POLIS. These procedures include the thorough evaluation of staff members and of the organization along with the students’ assessment; also, in collaboration with the heads of the Institution and units, NBSC takes the necessary measures for improvement when necessary.
This Unit is responsible for evaluating all the elements of quality according to the ENQA standards, the periodic assessment of the learning process and also the effectiveness of teaching and research activities.
The Association of Former Students_ALUMNI
The Association of Former Students_ALUMNI, which includes the Constitutional Assembly and the Executive Board, exercises its activity in close coordination to the governing organs of U_POLIS and focuses on the professional welfare of the individuals who have completed their studies at the University.
All the members of the association have the right to:
- Benefit from the assistance programs administered by the Association.
- Win scholarships.
- Exhibit their work in the MAD center and other assets of U_POLIS.
- Participate in the social life and activities of U_POLIS, Metro_POLIS, Co_PLAN, etc.
- Engage in the different projects of U_POLIS, Metro_POLIS based on demand, by undergoing a selection process managed by U_POLIS and Metro_POLIS.
- Be informed in terms of the Association’s activities and also participate in all social functions of the Association.
- Buy publications/periodicals of U_POLIS at a reduced price.
All members of society have an obligation: to pay the membership fee specified in the membership regulation and enable the progress and well-functioning of the Alumni Association.